I agree to abide by the policies and procedures contained in the Downtown Ministries Volunteer Manual. I understand that the policies, procedures and benefits contained in this document may be added to, changed or deleted by Downtown Ministries at any time.
I understand that neither this document nor any other written or verbal communication by any program director or other Downtown Ministries staff member is intended to in any way create a contract of employment. I understand that my volunteer involvement is at-will, which permits Downtown Ministries to terminate the relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. Nothing in this manual is intended to guarantee volunteer involvement for a specific duration. Downtown Ministries will not modify their policy of involvement-at-will in any case.
Upon completing the application and Darkness to Light Training, all volunteers of Downtown Ministries, hereinafter referred to as DtM, will conduct themselves in a manner that represents the vision and mission of DtM at both DtM and non-DtM events or programs. In accordance with this expectation, I agree to the following:
- To the best of my ability, I will attempt to fulfill the minimum time commitment required in volunteering for a program.
- If I cannot honor my volunteer commitment for any given day or event, I will immediately notify a staff member as far in advance as possible so that he or she may have time to make appropriate arrangements.
- I will accept the staff’s leadership, guidance, and decisions.
- I will honor the privacy of Downtown Ministries’ participants and family members.
- I will immediately report any child abuse or suspicion of abuse to my program director.